Quick Tutorial: Illustrated Transfers



Most of my creative work (and stock i sell) at the moment is done using transfers. The plain old boring kind that you shove through your printer and iron onto a daggy shirt. Except I like to think I jazz it up a bit! Here are a few images of my latest tops:



(these haven't been photoshopped so sorry about the photos + random sizes)

and i've just transfered these images onto shirts too:


the baby t-rex onto a size 1 top and the floral t-rex onto a size 10.
and i really want one of the floral dinosaur!



I had a lightbulb moment yesterday when I wondered if you could draw on transfer paper and it would actually work (don't ask me why i only just thought of this yesterday!). Today i did a little experiment with some left-over transfer paper from another order i had and here is the tutorial for it:



Illustrated Transfers



* iron your transfer according to the instructions on the pack. Each brand needs ironing differently.



I'm so excited that this has worked! I gave it a quick hand wash before to see if the sharpie would run when it was wet, but so far so good! The possibilities are endless with what can be done with this.

If you have a try of this, please post your photos on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/tara.louise.designs

I'd love to see them.

i'm now off to do another project now that i'm going to pop up on here as a tutorial.

tara louise.

Post a Comment

please leave me a little note...it's such a delight to find someone cares enough to comment!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP