YUM: Peanut Butter Cups

When I saw this recipe on pinterest (where else!?) I just had to give it a  go. I love Reece's peanut butter cups, but haven't been able to eat them since I could no longer eat chocolate. These are so much better though! They are amazing!!




Here is the recipe:

Grab 2 blocks of dairy/lactose free chocolate (big w has a yummy one! or use lindt 70% cocoa). 
Break it up into nice tiny pieces.
Melt it in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. 
When it's melted, mix in a tablespoon of coconut oil - if you don't have that, a bit of copha or butter should do the trick.

Pop some patty pan cases in a muffin tray (this recipe makes about 8-10 treats).
I spray the patty pans with a bit of oil - it stops the paper sticking to the chocolate.

Take a spoonful (about 1 tablespoon or so) of melted chocolate and pop it into the bottom of the patty pan and then twirl it in your hands to spread the chocolate around on the bottom and up the sides a bit.
When you've done this to all of them pop it in the freezer for about 10mins. 

Get a big spoonful of peanut butter and a tablespoon of icing sugar.
Mix together in a bowl (it should be way less sticky than before) and shove it in the freezer too.

After the 10mins, or when the chocolate has hardened, take the chocolate bottoms and peanut butter mix out of the freezer. 
Pop a small spoonful of the peanut butter on the chocolate bottom and i spread it out a bit over the base.
How much peanut butter you put in depends on what you prefer with a chocolate - peanut butter ratio.

Once you've done that to all of them, cover them all with the rest of the chocolate.
It should cover the tops and meet the sides of the chocolate bottoms you did before.

And then if you fancy it, pop a bit of sea salt on the top.  
Man, it tastes so good!



The original recipe was for peanut butter and jam cups, but i'm not the biggest fan of jam with peanut butter, so i stuck to the original!

And you know you've enjoyed something when it's all over your face!
I sent this pic to my husband on my way back to work from lunch one day...
(he'd been laughing at me the night before because I had chocolate all over my face)

I leave these in the freezer until I've eaten them all - which, let's be honest, takes no time at all.
I prefer to leave them out of the freezer about 10 mins before i eat it, as I quite like all my teeth firmly in my mouth at the moment. 

i hope you enjoy these as much as i do. i think it's time to make another batch in fact!

tara louise. 








Post a Comment

please leave me a little note...it's such a delight to find someone cares enough to comment!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP