Treasure Yourself Project

I've realised over the past couple of weeks that when work is busy I completely lose the plot at home. I don't look out for what I'm eating, I don't exercise as much and all the housekeeping goes down the drain. I'm exhausted by the time I get home from work and can just about manage to plonk myself in front of the TV and grab some dinner. 


Enter the Treasure Yourself Project. 


I started the 8 week challenge last week and while at the moment it feels like  bit of a chore and just something else I have to do, i need to get out of my unmotivated funk and get stuck into it. The lovely and inspiring Lori Harding started it and it's really taken off. 




Last week was all about goal setting for the next 8 weeks and what we hope to achieve from it.

Here are my goals:





I would have liked to quit sugar for the 8 weeks, however I feel like if I cut out sugar I won't get to eat anything but fruit and veg. overly dramatic? yes. but that's whats going through my head. So I've decided to make a conscious effort to not eat as much sugar and not as much bread as I have been eating. I'm taking the more clean eating approach to things. 

I also want to get back into a better exercise regime and start yoga/pilates again. I have downloaded a number of apps on my phone and a fitness program to do each day but just haven't started yet. I'm using the excuse that it's too bloody cold at the moment (a stupid excuse i know because when i start to exercise i'll be warm. i know!). 

This week we are to get a vision board happening. I'm working on mine on pinterest and on my blackboard wall by my desk. I will post photos of this next week and will recap how my week has gone. 

Would you like to join in? There is a Facebook group you can join and Lori posts links to her blog posts from there too so you can keep updated!

Join in. It's great to look after yourself and really appreciate what you've got and what you're grateful for. 

tara louise. 



Post a Comment

please leave me a little note...it's such a delight to find someone cares enough to comment!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP