Things I'm afraid to tell you...

Yesterday I heard on the radio about this article and had to check it out for myself. It's basically about what goes on behind closed doors and the front we put up for the world. Social media does not help with this - who wants to share with the world about their breakdown because their clothes didn't fit properly and they were having a bad hair day? Not many of us.

I don't want to play the victim here and I don't think I project that I have a perfect life (at all), but here's the "missing pieces" in my life that are usually kept under wraps in my crazy brain (or written/drawn in a journal for no one to see)...

I have stopped going on Facebook so often, because I'm sick and tired of feeling depressed and like a failure every time someone else announces they are pregnant (just found this article on "ramblings of an infertile woman" - it was pretty great and on the money). I get anxiety about money pretty much all the time and don't feel like I will ever get ahead in life and stop living week to week. I feel like I am no good at anything much anymore with two failed business attempts, my one career choice shoved in my face, people always telling me I'm doing a crap job at my current job and being constantly overwhelmed at how much is expected of me.

Yep, I know I have a great husband, I have a job (well 3 in fact), I'm studying to steer my life into the direction I think I want it to go in and I have my health, but it certainly doesn't stop all that crazy + insecurities going on in my head. We all have our own shit to deal with and I think we just have to keep reminding ourselves no matter how awesome or great someones life looks from the outside, it is almost always not as rosy on the inside. Don't you think!?

So that's me. All my cards laid on the table. Have I scared you off? Please come back and read more of my ramblings :)

tara louise.  

Post a Comment

please leave me a little note...it's such a delight to find someone cares enough to comment!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP